Public Relations and Digital Communications Manager
Cogent Strategies, a boutique, bipartisan strategic communications, digital advocacy and government relations firm is seeking to hire a public relations and digital communications manager who expresses a strong interest in supporting the firm’s collaborative team and its diverse client roster to achieve winning results and grow the business. The ideal candidate must have experience in writing, media, research and digital strategy and possess a sense of humor, an entrepreneurial spirit and an attention to detail. Qualifications for the position are as follows:
- Capacity to execute campaigns on behalf of clients, including messaging and collateral development, advertising/paid media and social media, and media outreach. Understanding of client’s business and competitive landscape.
- Excellent strategic and persuasive writing skills; capability to develop creative written and visual content. Demonstrated writing excellence when crafting internal and client materials and correspondence.
- Diligence and attention to detail for leading all aspects of project activities, including reporting, tracking and measurement of project hours.
- Ability to create opportunities for clients by leveraging the full spectrum of communications and engagement channels and tactics.
- Proficiency in conducting research to inform strategic direction, messaging and media outreach. Ability to analyze traditional media and online conversations.
- Strong eyes for detail and quality control of ideas, client correspondence and media materials.
- Ability to manage execution of client-sponsored events from congressional briefings to potential trade shows. Willingness to lead strategy, planning, coordination and management of the event, including vendor management, budget management and onsite execution and support.
- Skills with all social media platforms and relevant media outlets. Demonstrated social fluency and a basic understanding of how to drive conversation and engagement across all social channels.
- Experience with content tools such as WordPress or a similar system; experience with analytics or publishing tools such as Google Analytics, Buffer or Hootsuite preferred but not required. Experience with media monitoring tools such as Meltwater, Cision and others and Quorum and other legislative tracking tools are a plus.
- Strong collaborative spirit. A willingness to provide support for every aspect of designated accounts and work closely with teammates to deliver results.
- Capability to keep lines of communication open regarding all client projects and skill at anticipating team and client needs and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of working experience
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Deadline-driven, detail-oriented and resourceful
- Strong writing and copyediting skills
- Sense of humor and entrepreneurial spirit
Preferred Experience & Education:
- Prior firm/agency, Hill, media or campaign experience and/or internship
- Degree in marketing, communications, political science or related field
TO APPLY Please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com with “Public Relations and Digital Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Cogent Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.